Modules start 7 June 2019
The course offers a unified approach to the broad subject of process equipment scale-up. It starts with an introduction to dimensional analysis. This leads to describing complex phenomena using dimensionless groups. The principle of similarity is the basis used for creating identical processes at different length scales. The adopted approach is practical, drawing on several examples and exercises from a wide range of process engineering. The course will benefit anyone who is interested in learning more about the principles of successful scale-up and will be relevant to the R&D community working at the lab- and pilot scale. It will also be of potential benefit to design engineers, and to operating engineers who are considering plant modifications.
By the end of this course, you will be able to apply dimensional analysis to physical and chemical processes, be able to describe a physical process with a complete set of dimensionless group, be able to use the principle of similarity to reproduce identical processes at different length-scales and know how to cope with variable physical properties in scale-up.
What's included in the series
- four 60-minute sessions
- text Q&A with the trainer
- three digital recordings for your personal use
- digital copies of all slides and supporting materials (PDF) for your personal use
- e-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation, for CPD purposes.
The benefits of IChemE online learning
- save money: no travel, subsistence or accommodation costs
- stay productive: limit your time away from the office
- learn in manageable, concentrated, bite-size, one-hour chunks
- review or refresh the learning at your convenience with digital recordings of each module
- choose the modules you need - you don't need to buy them all.
- Module 1: Use of dimensional analysis and Buckingham’s π-theorem to represent complex physical phenomena
- Module 2: Describing complex physical processes using dimensionless groups
- Module 3: Similarity, partial similarity and scale-up
- Module 4: Treatment of variable physical properties in scale-up using dimensional analysis
- Module 1 - 7 June 2019 - 09:00 GMT
- Module 2 - 14 June 2019 - 09:00 GMT
- Module 3 - 21 June 2019 - 09:00 GMT
- Module 4 - 28 June 2019 - 09:00 GMT
The presentation will be delivered via GoToWebinar®.
Check system requirements >>
You are advised to join the online training session at least ten minutes before the scheduled start time, to allow for your computer to connect.
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £1055 + VAT. Contact us for more information at email@example.com.