Connect with professionals
IChemE is its members, the more you participate, the greater the benefits. As a people focused organisation IChemE encourages active participation in its work and ongoing development.
As a member of IChemE you can exchange ideas and information within your specialist field as well as developing your skills to keep up with current practices.
The opportunities for involvement are varied and include:
- attendance at Member Group, State Group or Special Interest Group meetings or becoming a committee member
- joining task groups looking at strategic issues
- be part of an established committee – including membership and accreditation committees which apply and maintain professional and educational standards
- attend conferences or, indeed, present a paper
- become a mentor
- volunteer to work with schools
- become a case study
All these activities offer you the chance to develop your personal skills, exposure to and communication with fellow professionals within industry and academia, many of whom are in senior positions. Please take a look at our information on volunteering.
If you are an employer of IChemE members, encourage them to participate in IChemE activities as a way to continue their professional development.