IChemE Singapore Awards 2016
The IChemE Singapore Awards, supported by the Institution of Engineers Singapore, celebrate excellence, innovation and achievement in the chemical, biochemcial and process industries.
This year’s IChemE Singapore Awards are being held on 21 October 2016.
There are seven categories available to enter at the IChemE Singapore Awards, including one new category - The Energy Award. The full list of categories in Singapore are:
- Process Safety Award
- Research Project of the Year Award
- Sustainable Technology Award
- Training and Development Award
- Energy Award
- Young Chemical Engineer in Industry Award
- Young Chemical Engineer in Academia Award
The winners of each category are automatically shortlisted for the IChemE Global Awards on 3 November 2016, Manchester, UK.
The overall prize for the best entry in 2016, called the Award for Outstanding Achievement in Chemical and Process Engineering, will also be presented on 3 November 2016.
In addition, Singapore-based entrants are eligible to apply for the following IChemE Global Awards:
- Best Business Start-Up Award
- Biotechnology Award - New
- Chemical Engineering Industry Project of the Year Award
- Dhirubhai Ambani Award for Outstanding Chemical Engineering Innovation for Resource-Poor People
- Food and Drink Award
- Innovative Product of the Year Award
- Oil and Gas Award
- Team of the Year Award - New
- Water Management and Supply Award
You can enter the Awards online and you’ll find lots of useful information and guidance to make applying as easy as possible, including Why Enter?, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Entry Tips and Guidance.
There's also an article by chair of judges, Nigel Hirst, called 'What makes a good IChemE Award entry?' in the March 2016 issue of The Chemical Engineer.
Download a copy of the IChemE Singapore Awards 2016 information leaflet.
If you would like to sponsor or support the IChemE Awards 2016, download our sponsorship brochure.
The IChemE Singapore Awards opened for entries on 1 February 2016. The closing date was Friday 10 June 2016 (extended deadline).
Don’t forget, IChemE is also hosting award ceremonies in Malaysia on 24 October 2016 and a Global Awards ceremony on 3 November 2016 in the UK. Full details for both events are available online.