Fundamentals of Process Safety - New Zealand
Date From: 29 August 2016
Date To: 02 September 2016
Location: New Zealand
Description: Will benefit staff at all levels in an organisation keen to develop or improve their knowledge of process safety, hazards, risk and their management.
Event Type: IChemE Course
Venue: Hamilton, New Zealand
Contact Name: April Hinde
Contact Phone: +61 (0) 3 9642 4494
Alternative dates and locations
11-15 April 2016, Perth, Australia
11-15 July 2016, Brisbane, Australia
10-14 October 2016, Melbourne, Australia
Our flagship process safety course has been revised and updated for 2016. The content includes new case studies, latest information and current best practice. The course is structured around the framework of the IChemE Safety Centre
: knowledge and competence, engineering and design, systems and procedures, assurance, human factors and culture. It is essential for anyone who is involved in the design, modification, operation and maintenance of a major hazard or process plant.
Revised and new topics:
- project development
- technical risk assessment
- occupied buildings risk assessment
- environmental risk assessment
- asset integrity
- flammable atmospheres
- leadership and culture
- process safety performance
- emergency response
Process safety incidents constantly highlight the importance of having a clear understanding of the principles of process safety management throughout an organisation. This must include staff at all levels from board members through engineers and other technical staff to plant and shift managers and supervisors. This intensive course covers the fundamentals and aims to provide an understanding of the key principles of process safety and its management.
- understand the human, environmental and business consequences of poor process safety
- be aware of and understand the key factors influencing the basis for process safety
- understand the hazards associated with process plant and how the risks can be controlled
- understand the key process safety requirements at each stage in the life cycle of process plant
- understand the ways in which your work depends on the knowledge and expertise of others
- understand your limitations and know how to acquire further knowledge and understanding of process safety management
An end-of-course assessment is included. Delegates who successfully complete the assessment will receive an IChemE pass certificate in the Fundamentals of Process Safety.
The course has interactive workshops, case studies and theory covering core areas of a process safety framework:
- knowledge and competence
- engineering and design
- systems and procedures
- human factors
Download the daily course outline.
Who will benefit
- managers, supervisors, engineers, safety personnel, and others involved in the design, operation, modification or maintenance of major hazard or other process plant
- graduates, chemical and other engineers en-route to achieving Chartered status
- anyone who would like to develop an understanding of process safety
- professionals who want to expand their knowledge of process safety
|| NZD$3465 (inc GST)
|| NZD$3990 (inc GST)
Discounts are available to companies booking more than on place.
Two places - 5% discount
Three places - 10% discount
Four places - 15 % discount
Multiple places must be booked at the same time to qualify.
Our pool of expert trainers on Fundamentals of Process Safety have worked in many industries, such as: oil and gas, offshore, refining, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food processing, utilities, gas distribution, energy, power generation and in some case with government regulators. This makes them ideally placed to deliver the course to delegates coming from a range of industries and encourage cross-sector learning.
Paul Feltoe, FIChemE, Safety Solutions
Paul Feltoe is a qualified Chemical Engineer with professional status in New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Paul has over 20 years of global experience in the Refining, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Dairy Industries. He is an experienced facilitator and trainer and has chaired numerous large process safety reviews and worked with a number of large organisations to close their process safety gaps. He is a fellow of IChemE, a Professional Process Safety Engineer and a TÜV certified functional safety engineer.
Dr Jens Stein, Safety Solutions
After obtaining his doctorate degree in process engineering at the Technical University of Karlsruhe in Germany, Jens joined the engineering group of a globally operating chemical company with which he completed a major investment project in Shanghai, China as Lead Process Engineer he came to New Zealand in 2008, working as a project engineer and project manager before joining Safety Solutions as a senior consultant. Jens has extensive experience in all phases of process design and is an experienced facilitator and trainer. Jens is also a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) of the Project Management Institute.
Duration (for CPD recording purposes): up to 34 hours
If you are recording mandatory CPD you should refer to your own regulator’s requirements as recognition of CPD hours may vary.
IChemE member? Log your CPD via mycareerpath