HAZOP Leadership and Management - February
Date From: 07 February 2017
Date To: 09 February 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Description: This course explores best practice in HAZOP leadership and management. You will learn about the application of the technique and how to plan and manage study programmes more effectively. You will also learn how best to lead study teams to ensure maximum effectiveness and successful project execution.
Event Type: IChemE Course
Venue: London, UK
Contact Name: Courses department
Contact Phone: +44 (0) 1788 534431
Alternative dates and locations
18-20 April, Rugby, UK
27-29 June, Rugby, UK
12-14 September, Rugby, UK
7-9 November, London, UK
This course explores best practice in HAZOP leadership and management. You will learn about the application of the technique and how to plan and manage study programmes more effectively. You will also learn how best to lead study teams to ensure maximum effectiveness and successful project execution.
Case studies will allow you to undertake a range of project team roles and provide the opportunity to guide a team through the HAZOP process.
- how to prepare for a HAZOP study meeting and programme – including defining the scope of the study and choosing the team
- how to choose nodes (parts of the drawings or operation for HAZOP study)
- how to estimate the programme requirements for the successful completion of a study
- facilitation techniques to motivate the team and keep them on task
- how to avoid common problems encountered during study meetings, including challenging behaviours
- how to formulate the HAZOP study report
- the team leader's role in the implementation of recommendations and the management of the process
- leadership responsibilities
- planning a HAZOP programme
- node identification and time estimation
- preparation of the event
- recording style, skills and development of recommendations
- HAZOP meeting facilitation
- team dynamics
- leadership through the study
- development of the final report and action management
Who will benefit
This course is for individuals experienced in the HAZOP technique who are required to lead HAZOP studies. They must have experience as a team member and understand the HAZOP methodology. Experience as a HAZOP study scribe would also be useful.
IChemE member – £1550 + VAT
Non-member – £1745 + VAT
Duration (for CPD recording purposes): up to 18 hours
If you are recording mandatory CPD you should refer to your own regulator’s requirements as recognition of CPD hours may vary.
IChemE member? Log your CPD via mycareerpath