The IChemE Safety Centre has been launched to:
- review and reset the strategic direction of safety within IChemE
- align with and deliver on the IChemE’s technical strategy - Chemical Engineering Matters
- build on inherent strength of expertise and range of activities
IChemE has over 90 years of experience in driving to improve process safety performance and believes that every person in an organisation has responsibility for managing risks which are clearly defined by their role.
The concept of a dedicated IChemE Safety Centre was born out of this drive, where IChemE’s extensive range of safety resources can be found in one place. Here you will find a range of products and services which will help you, your staff and your organisation as a whole to improve safety, promote safe working and ensure the appropriate management of risks.
Becoming a member of the IChemE Safety Centre will also give you access to the ISC Leadership Forum, a steering group of experienced professionals whose safety expertise will drive forward future guidelines and process safety products and services produced by IChemE.
IChemE Safety Centre products and services:
- Training – a range of IChemE open, in-company and approved safety courses
- Loss Prevention Bulletin (LPB) - the essential source for industrial case studies for the chemical and process industry
- Process Safety and Environmental Protection (PSEP) - journal of high quality, original papers in the branches of engineering, concerned with the safety of industrial processes and the protection of the environment.
- Books and animations and training packages – a range of industry-leading guides, texts and learning aids in safety and loss prevention.
- Course approval and accreditation– A peer review system of external safety course providers and company training schemes by experts drawn from IChemE’s process safety community
- PEng(Process Safety) – A NEW registration awarded to process safety practitioners in a role of responsibility for process safety.
- Hazards – IChemE’s international industry-lead process safety conference
- Safety & Loss Prevention Special Interest Group - provides a network for all those interested in safety within the process industries.
A strategic group of experienced senior professionals have created guidelines and scopes, for existing and future products and services produced by IChemE, with clear roles and remits, making them focussed, comprehensive and fit for purpose.
To build a common understanding of risk issues and to develop and utilise new ways for cost effective and sustainable risk reduction in the process industries, the IChemE Safety Centre aspires to offer leadership in the ‘pillars’ of process safety: