Work for IChemE
The Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical engineers and process engineers.
Founded in 1922, IChemE advances chemical engineering's contribution worldwide for the benefit of society. We support the development of chemical engineering professionals and provide connections to a powerful network of over 35,000 members in more than 100 countries.
We are a multi-national institution with primary offices in the UK and Australia. Our members are found in a wide range of industry sectors, and at different stages of their careers, from students and graduates in training through to senior Fellows at the very highest levels of leadership in business and academia.
We support our members in applying their expertise and experience to make an influential contribution to solving major global challenges, and are the only organisation to award Chartered Chemical Engineer and Professional Process Safety Engineer status.
We are working towards ISO 9001 accreditation with the goal of achieving certification in 2020.
We offer attractive packages, including:
- competitive salaries
- competitive annual holiday
- health cash plan
- BUPA health screening
- health insurance
- employee assistance programme
- company contributory pension scheme (includes life assurance)
- sports and social club
- private health scheme for senior staff
- 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday
- flexi working system around a set of core hours
- free car parking for staff at our Rugby office
- paid monthly with salaries reviewed annually.
We really value our people and recognise the importance of a highly skilled and motivated workforce. That's why we are committed to providing quality training and development. As every employee has different needs, we vary programmes to suit you, including structured training, external training events for groups and individuals, in-house group training, on the job training and much more.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and oppose all forms of unlawful discrimination and value diversity in the work place. We believe that the recognition of individual ability and merit, the absence of discrimination and the promotion of positive attitudes towards diversity will result in the most productive deployment of skills, talent, expertise and competence across the organisation.
We recognise the contribution made by our employees and that our success to date has been made possible by their talent, enthusiasm and commitment. We appreciate how important their continual support is in realising our future plans.
When vacancies arise these are advertised in the following ways:
- positions are advertised in The Chemical Engineer and online at www.thechemicalengineer.com
- positions are advertised online using specialist recruitment sites
- on occasion we may use recruitment agencies
- depending on the position, local colleges and job centres are also contacted
- current vacancies at IChemE.
For further information please contact:
Institution of Chemical Engineers
Tel: + 44 01788 534449 (direct line)
Fax: + 44 01788 560833