Already a member?Log in to access your resources
The Chemical Engineer
All IChemE members receive a free subscription to The Chemical Engineer magazine (print and/or digital version), bringing you the latest news, views and jobs from the chemical, biochemical and process engineering sectors. Gain access to technical content, thought-leadership and a variety of other content suited to your continuing professional development.
Web and/or print subscriptions are also available separately to non-members. Visit www.thechemicalengineer.com for details.
Knovel allows members to access over 300 leading reference works and databases that enable you to:
- find answers to technical questions
- gain access to information hidden in complex graphs, equations and tables using analytical and search tools
- access reliable reference contact across a range of topics including petroleum engineering, sustainability, design, process safety and loss prevention, water treatment, bioprocess and biotechnology, materials selection and safety compliance.
We have a network of 38 member groups operating around the world, led by local volunteers who support the members in their area with a programme of activities including networking events, presentations and lectures, social events and site visits.
Members are automatically allocated to the group nearest their default/mailing address (where available) but can add others as needed. Non-members cannot join member groups but may be able to attend events where available.
Special Interest Groups
IChemE’s special interest groups (SIGs) cater to a wide range of industry sectors and professional interests. Like our member groups, SIGs are run by volunteers who organise activities on their area of expertise such as:
- online presentations, site visits, lectures, seminars and international conferences
- information via email, websites, newsletters, technical reports and guidance
- awards to acknowledge excellence in design and research
- representation of IChemE’s interests within the wider science and engineering community, and collaboration with other groups and professional organisation.
Members can join multiple SIGs for free as part of their membership package. See our special interest group pages for more information.
IChemE publishes six peer-reviewed journals in partnership with Elsevier, covering the latest advances in chemical, process and related engineering research:
- Chemical Engineering Research and Design
- Process Safety and Environmental Protection
- Food and Bioproducts Processing
- Education for Chemical Engineers
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
- South African Journal of Chemical Engineering (open access).
A seventh journal, Molecular Systems Design & Engineering, is jointly published by IChemE and the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
Members get free online access to journals published with Elsevier plus full access to the historic archive (1923–1997). Log in to access your journals.
Visit our journals page for more information on all journals, the archive, and subscription options for members and non-members.
Loss Prevention Bulletin
IChemE’s main safety publication, Loss Prevention Bulletin (LPB), was first published in 1974 as a way for the process industries to share information on accidents and to help other organisations learn these process safety lessons without repeating the same mistakes. Key features include:
- six new issues per year, plus 40 years of previous articles
- case studies demonstrating the hazards of real process and plant
- technical articles offering practical advice on specific hazards, process safety management systems and good safety practice
- Free access to toolbox talks – a series of PowerPoint slide shows that can be used as the basis of short safety talks.
Online access to LBP is free to Student Members and Professional Process Safety Engineers. Discounted subscription rates for other members and options for non-members are also available.
Conferences, training and publications
IChemE members also get discounts on a range of products including conferences, online and in-person training, ad-hoc events and books:
- check out upcoming conferences and events
- view our courses programme
- find out about online training
- browse books and other publications in the IChemE Shop*.
*discounts available on titles co-published by IChemE and Elsevier (excluding Forms of Contract).
Social media and Interface
Log in to MyIChemE to access Interface - a members-only forum where IChemE's community can connect with like-minded professionals, discuss the latest and greatest achievements in their sector, offer advice, share opportunities on career development and best practice in the profession, and ask questions.