Sustainable process engineering courses
Centred around the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, our new suite of sustainable process engineering courses will further your knowledge and understanding of how chemical and process engineers can have an impact on sustainability, and will help you to start applying more sustainable practices in your work.
From responsible measurement and reporting, to opportunities to capture value through resource management and how leaders can embed a sustainability-first approach in an organisation, these introductory, intermediate and leadership courses have grown out of our market research around what training employers want.
What courses do we offer?
- Introduction to Sustainable Process Engineering
- Sustainability Leadership in the Process Industries
- Sustainability Measurement
- Material Resource Management and the Circular Economy
These courses run face-to-face, online and in-company. We will be launching more courses throughout 2024.
"Course content, particularly the sections on new and incoming regulations, was excellent. The timing split was also spot on – longer sections on regulation and less time on things less relevant to chemical engineering but important to know about."T Hart, Sellafield Ltd, UK (Sustainability Measurement)
“[The course provided] key academic research to help us understand and unblock the internal blockers we have.”E Harniman, Bechtel, UK (Sustainability Leadership)
On-demand courses in our Sustainability Hub
These are introductory courses that are completed at your own pace, and allow you to learn interactively in bite-sized chunks. They are currently offered free of charge to IChemE members and for purchase by non-members.
- Sustainable Process Integration for Cleaner Process Design
- The Circular Economy for Chemical Engineers
- The Human Water Cycle: Water and Wastewater Treatment and Reuse
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) for Chemical Engineers
- An Introduction to Sustainability
- Ethical Decision-Making for Chemical Engineers
We will be launching more courses throughout 2024.