If you’re studying a chemical, biochemical or process engineering undergraduate degree (or related subject), you can become a Student Member and get access to membership resources such as:
- digital subscription to The Chemical Engineer magazine at www.thechemicalengineer.com
- networking, events and webinars via regional member groups and technical special interest groups
- online access to the Knovel e-library and IChemE journals
- helpful resources for young members such as our Student Pocketbook, Job-Hunters' Survival Kit and Graduates' Guide.
You'll also receive a Student Member digital logo to use on business cards, CVs and email signatures.
To become a Student Member you should:
- be studying a chemical engineering (or closely-related) undergraduate degree (or have a firm acceptance to begin shortly), and
- not have been an IChemE member previously.
If you're studying towards a postgraduate taught or research degree — eg MSc, PhD, EngD — you can apply for Affiliate Member or Associate Member (AMIChemE). Find out more about membership options for postgraduate students.
Student Members pay a one-off fee to cover their membership subscription for the duration of their undergraduate degree:
- Australia: AUD 60.00
- Malaysia: MYR 80.00
- New Zealand: NZD 52.00
- South Africa: GBP 17.00
- UK/Rest of world: GBP 25.00
How to apply
Complete our short online form with the following information:
- your personal information and contact details
- degree course information including start and end dates
- communication preferences
- payment details (credit/debit card and PayPal*).
Join IChemE todayApply online
- looking for careers-related advice? Visit our careers area
- if you have any questions or need further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*where available. Visit Paypal's website for more information on where they operate.