Inspiring our future engineers
What will the world look like in the future? The aim is for a more sustainable way of manufacturing the products and services we need to lead healthy, fulfilling and meaningful lives. But how do we get there from today? Chemical engineers play a pivotal role in how we live, working across every industry, right across the globe, linking sectors together to help address the UN's Sustainable Development Goals. Maintaining a vibrant and thriving profession is a critical part of our mission and supporting future chemical, biochemical and process engineers to develop their knowledge and skills is a key role for IChemE.
IChemE’s new DiscoverChemEng initiative has been set up to develop and share a cohesive package of education outreach activities which demonstrate to young people and their influencers what chemical engineering is, how it impacts daily life, where to study chemical engineering and how to pursue a career in chemical engineering. This campaign will deliver information for educators, students and parents, as well as those undertaking education outreach.
Take a look at our video produced in partnership with ITN Business looking at how we are inspiring the next generation.
Resources and opportunities
- classroom posters linking chemical engineering and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Educator Network for schools or educational organisations
- opportunities for schools to receive mentoring support for competitions
- volunteer outreach opportunities
More resources will be added to this area of the website as they are developed, so please keep checking back.
- launch of a new undergraduate competition to develop a chemical engineering game for school students
- new ChemEng outreach toolkit alongside on-line support and training for volunteers
- additional resources including factsheets and classroom posters
For more information or to get involved please contact us.
This campaign is being developed with the kind support of the members of Heads of Chemical Engineering UK.