Approval of EngTech training programmes
Through its programme of EngTech approval, IChemE aims to recognise and share good practice in the education and development of those with both a theoretical and practical understanding of chemical engineering principals, skills and techniques.
Approved training programmes, apprenticeships and qualifications will provide trainees and graduates with a pathway to registration as an Engineering Technician (EngTech) with Engineering Council.
How to apply
How to make an application for approval or re-approval of your programme:
- Contact IChemE at an early stage to arrange a virtual meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The meeting will be arranged at a mutually convenient date
- Read the guidance document
- Download the application form
- Read the supporting documents
- Complete the application form and submit these to IChemE two months in advance of the scheduled virtual meeting
- Prepare for the virtual meeting
Guidance and support
These documents detail the requirements for an IChemE approved EngTech programme and outline the approval process. A framework provides threshold standards and yet provides the flexibility to accommodate many different types of programme.
Download the current EngTech approval guidance document >>
- Part 1: Questionnaire/report form, Sections A and B (details of programmes under review)
- Part 2: Questionnaire/report, Sections C and D (assessor and rapporteur recommendations)
- SH&E covering notes
Pre-submission advice and mentoring
If you would like to speak to someone before submitting your approval application, please contact email@example.com.