Process safety courses
IChemE is a market leader in process safety training. We offer a broad range of courses to help you identify, assess and manage process risk effectively at your organisation.
Our portfolio of courses has been developed using the IChemE Safety Centre’s (ISC) framework for process safety. This identifies the functional areas key to managing process safety across an organisation: leadership, knowledge and competence, engineering and design, systems and procedures, assurance, human factors and culture.
Courses have a practical focus which means you can apply the techniques and best practice you learn as soon as you are back at work.
What courses do we offer?
Hazard identification and risk analysis
- Bowtie Analysis and Barrier-Based Risk Management
- Delta HAZOP
- Hazard Identification Techniques
- HAZOP Leadership and Management
- HAZOP Study for Team Leaders and Team Members
- Introduction to HAZOP
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Process Risk Assessment
- Quantified Risk Analysis
- Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
Process safety management
- Fundamentals of Process Safety
- Incident Investigation, Human Failure and Cause Tree Analysis
- Introduction to Process Safety
- Process Safety Leadership and Culture
- Six Pillars of Process Safety
- Advanced Process Safety Considerations for Hydrogen Projects
- Pressure Systems
- What Engineers Need to Know About Hydrogen Safety
Read about our modular Human Factors in the Chemical and Process Industries training programme.
Individual human factors courses:
- Managing Human Factors
- Managing Human Failure
- Strengthening Organisational Performance
- Human Factors in Design