Universities: accredit your degree
How to apply
- Contact our accreditation team as early as possible to arrange a benchmarking, accreditation or reaccreditation visit.
- Read our in-depth accreditation guidance.
- Check our accreditation FAQs.
We will work with departments new to accreditation to explore the best approach to accredited status. Where appropriate, this could include a preliminary ‘benchmarking’ assessment and/or the appointment of a mentor to help the department develop their programme to meet the accreditation requirements.
All departments planning to introduce new programmes for accreditation are recommended to contact our accreditation team at an early stage.
Accreditation or reaccreditation
- download the appropriate set of forms for the Standard (M-, B-, F- or D-) of the programmes you want accredited from either Annex 1 or Annex 2
- read the supporting documents
- complete parts 1, 2 and 4 of the downloaded forms (note that part 3 is used by the assessors) and submit these to IChemE three months in advance of the scheduled visit.
All guidance, forms and supporting documents can be found in our documentation page.
Joint accreditation visits
IChemE undertakes joint accreditation visits with the following organisations:
- Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB)
- Engineering New Zealand
Please let us know if you are interested in having a joint accreditation visit.
Pre-submission advice and mentoring
If you would like to speak to someone prior to submitting your accreditation application, please contact us.
You may also wish to contact one of our University Accreditation Assessors directly, who may be able to act as a Mentor.
European accreditation (EUR-ACE®)
A further benefit of IChemE accreditation is the option of applying for the EUR-ACE® label through the Engineering Council - the European quality label for engineering degree programmes.
Visit the Engineering Council for further details and how to apply. Alternatively, full details of the EUR-ACE® label can be found at the European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE).