IChemE, in partnership with publisher Elsevier, produces eight journals:
- Chemical Engineering Research and Design
- Process Safety and Environmental Protection
- Food and Bioproducts Processing
- Education for Chemical Engineers
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
- Digital Chemical Engineering (open access)
- Carbon Capture, Science and Technology (open access)
- South African Journal of Chemical Engineering (open access)
A ninth journal, Molecular Systems Design & Engineering, is jointly published by IChemE and the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
Each of our journals contains original, peer-reviewed chemical, process and related engineering research.
IChemE members have free online access to the journals published with Elsevier. Log into 'MyIChemE' to view your resources.
Our digitalised journal archive goes back to 1923 and is fully searchable by volume and author, and by keyword across the full text of every article. To find out more or place your order for outright purchase or subscription access, please contact our publications sales team on +44 (0)1788 534470. View the journals archive leaflet.
Members can access journals content from the Knowledge Hub. Enter your search term and filter the results by selecting ‘journals’ as the source material.
Members can subscribe to print editions of the journals at discounted rates. To subscribe, log in to 'My IChemE', select 'Pay my subscriptions' and 'Subscribe to a new journal'. Please note that only Chemical Engineering, Research and Design, Process Safety and Environmental Processing, and Food and Bioproducts Processing are available in print format.
Non-member subscriptions are available from the Elsevier books and journals shop or via the individual journals' websites linked above.
IChemE's annual medals and awards programme recognises excellence in chemical engineering practice and outstanding contributions to the Institution or the wider community.
The medals awarded in the publications area are:
- Senior Moulton Medal for the best paper published by IChemE
- Junior Moulton Medal for the best paper published by IChemE by an author, or co-author, who has graduated within the last 10 years (excluding career breaks) at the time of submission of the paper
- Hanson Medal for the best article published in The Chemical Engineer magazine
- Hutchison Medal for the most catalytic or thought-provoking paper published by IChemE.
Medal winners are recommended by the Publications Medals Board.
Information on the full range of awards made by IChemE can be found on the Medals homepage.
Manuscripts accepted for publication manuscripts under peer review proposals for special issues/conference issues and appointments to the editorial board if you would like to discuss a proposal for a paper contact the relevant subject editor.
Director of Publications
Subscriptions, pricing and undelivered journal copies.