The Ambassador Prize is awarded annually to a member volunteer who has made an exceptional contribution as part of their role as a volunteer for IChemE as an ambassador for the Institution and/or profession more widely.
The contribution could have been made as part of the member’s engagement with a Member Group or Special Interest Group, or through another group or activity linked with IChemE.
This prize is typically awarded in recognition of a piece of work on a short to medium term project that has had a significant impact outside IChemE’s existing membership base, required significant effort by the volunteer, or both.
Any member or member of staff can make a nomination for this medal. Nominations will be considered by IChemE’s Medals and Prizes Committee, who will confirm the winner.
Criteria this medal will be judged against are:
- external impact of the contribution
- volunteer effort contributed.
How to nominate
To make a nomination, download the nomination form and complete the information requested, paying attention to the criteria the medal will be judged against. Please return the completed form to email@example.com by the closing date.
Please note the following:
- additional documents submitted outside the information provided in the nomination form will not be considered by the judges (unless specified otherwise)
- we do not accept self-nominations
- we do not accept nominations for sitting members of the Board of Trustees
- unless indicated otherwise, medals/prizes are generally awarded to individuals — a single medal shall be presented in all cases.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Previous prize winners
- 2020 — G Maitland
- 2019 — A Brown
- 2018 — J C McAndrew
- 2017 — C P L C Chambon
- 2015 — R Cooke
- 2014 — P Fennel
- 2013 — J Glassey
- 2011 — A Ginsberg
- 2011 — L Lewis