Warrington and Widnes (UK)
Welcome to the website for the Warrington and Widnes Member Group. We are a community of process and chemical engineers in industry in the Widnes and Warrington region.
We are based at the heart of the chemical engineering industry in the North West of England; in fact our region is full of historical importance as this is where chemical engineering as we know it today began, due to the wealth of natural resources and excellent transport links, as well as the proximity to the Irish Sea.
Our goal as the committee is to provide a forum for chemical and process engineers in our area to share information, learn about new developments in the industry and to socialise and network with other engineers. We organise a wide range of technical talks and social events for IChemE members in Warrington and Widnes.
We welcome new members to all of our events and if you have any questions, or wish to learn more about the group, please contact us.
The benefits of getting involved with your local member group include:
- training and guidance on becoming a Chartered Chemical Engineer
- training and guidance on becoming a Fellow of IChemE
- continuous professional development presentations
- presentations on best practice, including health and safety
- career mentoring
- networking and social events
- new technology updates on a range of subjects
- new design methodology updates on a range of subjects
- media training.
Contact IChemE's member group support team through firstname.lastname@example.org