Chemical engineers in the pharmaceutical and bioprocess industries are constantly striving to keep pace with the demands of this highly specialised sector. With a membership embracing chemists, chemical engineers, pharmacists, mechanical and electrical engineers and others, IChemE’s Pharma Special Interest Group brings together a diverse range of specialists to discuss the challenges and opportunities in the pharmaceutical and bioprocess industries.
- provide a dynamic forum for the interchange of views and ideas
- act as a focal point for those interested in the practical aspects of pharmaceutical technologies
- liaise with other stakeholders in IChemE’s sphere of influence
- advance technical policy, and progress the implementation of IChemE’s Technical Roadmap.
- conferences and technical seminars
- regular e-news bulletin
- website, with member-only areas providing extensive resources
- annual bursaries to undergraduates with research potential and a strong interest in pharmaceuticals
- development of links with related organisations
- representation of professional interests via international forums.
IChemE's special interest groups are led by dedicated member volunteers. If you would like to be involved in the launch of this new technical networking community, then please contact Special Interest Groups with details about yourself and how you can help.