How to apply
To become a Chartered Member you must first register on our application system.
Once you have an application system account you will be able to apply for the the Chartered Member stage assessments:
- your personal information and contact details
- employment details (if applicable)
- qualification details. You will need to upload a certified copy of any qualification certificate(s) (for Stage 1 Technical Biography only)
- stage specific submission documents
- payment details (credit/debit card and PayPal*).
Please read: Application processing delays
Due to the number of applications received for Stage 1 - Individual Case Procedure (ICP), we are experiencing processing delays of approximately four months. If you require an ICP assessment and are also in a position to apply for Stage 2 and Stage 3 of the Chartered Member assessment process, please submit your Stage 1 - ICP application - we will acknowledge receipt, provide an indication as to when it will be processed, and provide regular updates throughout the process. If, however, you are not yet ready to apply for Stages 2 and 3, we ask that you do not apply for Stage 1 - ICP at this time.
Register with IChemE
Become a Chartered Chemical Engineer.Register
*Where available. Visit Paypal's website for more information on where they operate.