Professional Process Safety Engineer
In order to better protect society, IChemE introduced the Professional Process Safety Engineer registration which provides public recognition to peer-reviewed practitioners working in process safety related roles. The Professional Process Safety Engineer Register is the successor to IChemE's Safety Register.
Professional Process Safety Engineers can demonstrate:
- they can perform professional process safety work to the necessary standards
- the ability to maintain their competence
- they work within professional codes
- active participation within the profession.
Registrants receive free online access to the Loss Prevention Bulletin to assist with continuing professional development.
How to register
Professional Process Safety Engineer registration is open to existing Chartered Members and Fellows of IChemE with significant process safety experience*.
Candidates should complete the online application form and upload:
- an up-to-date CV
- a completed Competence and Commitment (Process Safety) Report, and
- referee details.
You will also be asked to attend a peer review interview.
*At present we are only able to accept applications from current Chartered Members or Fellows and not from any other membership grades or non-members.
Apply for Professional Process Safety EngineerStart your application
- read our in-depth guidance document
- download the Competence and Commitment (Process Safety) Report template
- view the Professional Process Safety Engineer standard
- learn about CPD requirements for Professional Process Safety Engineers
- if you have any questions or need further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.