If you are studying a chemical, biochemical or process engineering undergraduate degree (or related subject), you can become a Student Member and get access to membership resources such as:
- digital subscription to The Chemical Engineer magazine and www.thechemicalengineer.com
- networking, events and webinars via regional members groups and technical special interest groups
- online access to the Knovel e-library, IChemE journals and the Loss Prevention Bulletin (LPB)
- helpful resources such as our Student Pocketbook
- career support and information, including practical advice on searching and applying for jobs in our Early Career pages.
To become a Student Member you should:
- be studying a chemical engineering (or closely-related) undergraduate degree (or have a firm acceptance to begin shortly), and
- not have been an IChemE member previously.
If you are studying towards a postgraduate taught or research degree eg, MSc, PhD, EngD, you can apply for Affiliate Member or Associate Member (AMIChemE). Find out more about membership options for postgraduate students.
Student Members pay a one-off fee to cover their membership subscription for the duration of their undergraduate degree:
- Australia: AUD 60.00
- Malaysia: GBP 17.00
- New Zealand: NZD 52.00
- UK/Rest of world: GBP 25.00