Student Member

Student Member

Undergraduate students join for free 

If you are studying a chemical, biochemical or process engineering undergraduate degree (or related subject), you can become a Student Member and get access to membership resources such as:


To become a Student Member you should:

  1. Be studying an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering or a closely-related subject (or have a firm acceptance to begin shortly), and
  2. Not have been an IChemE member previously.

If you are studying towards a postgraduate taught or research degree eg, MSc, PhD, EngD, you can apply for Affiliate Member or Associate Member (AMIChemE). Find out more about membership options for postgraduate students.

Additional information