This is an IChemE approved training course and not delivered directly by the Institution. For more information about the course, contact the training provider directly.
IChemE members get a 10% discount when they enter their membership number at the time of booking.
This hands-on course uses case studies, video, and dynamic simulation to provide an in-depth analysis of what constitutes an offshore oil/gas production and processing facility. A comprehensive study of the safety systems required on offshore facilities.
- Hydrocarbon engineering
- Oil and gas reservoirs
- Oil and gas separation
- Gas compression and treatment
- Produced and injection waters
- Utility systems
- Emergency shutdown systems
- Fire and gas protection systems
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- the characteristics of the various types of oil/gas reservoirs
- the most applicable production option for exploiting the reservoir
- the primary processing technology used to separate the fluids
- the gas processing needed for disposal of associated or produced gas
- what support utilities are required for both production and life support on the facility
- the design of an Emergency Shutdown System and how to read a Cause and Effect Diagram
- the commonly used fire and gas detectors for offshore facilities.
Who will benefit
Engineers and process personnel who are working on offshore platforms, or working for a regulatory body which oversees the industry.