Online | In-company
Learn how to evaluate risk using the Quantified Risk Analysis (QRA) method – the numerical combination of severity of consequence with frequency of event.
This course will help you better understand different types of risk and how they are calculated. You will learn how to select scenarios to be modelled, and how to determine appropriate data as inputs. It will explore how risk results are interpreted and how QRA can be applied to practical engineering solutions. Demonstrations of Occupied Building Risk Assessment and As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) will be provided. The course will use a mix of theory, practical exercises and discussion.
By the end of the course, you will understand:
- the definitions of risk
- how to select cases to be modelled
- how to build a QRA model
- how to calculate risk and interpret the results.
Who will benefit
- Managers, supervisors, engineers, safety personnel and others involved in commissioning and reviewing of QRA studies
- Graduates, chemical and other engineers may find it beneficial in the preparation of the Chartered Member application
Previous delegates said
"The content [was the best thing], the exercises so we could apply what we've learned."
P Khoshabi, BOC, UK
- Introduction to risk
- Definition of scenarios
- Derivation of event frequencies
- Calculation methods for risk
- Occupied Building Risk Assessment
- ALARP demonstration
- QRA limitations and best practice
Online courses consist of three live and interactive modules with the trainer together with pre-recorded video content for independent study alongside the live sessions.
From 8 April 2024
- Module 1 – 8 April 2024, 14:00–17:00 BST
- Module 1 – 11 April 2024, 14:00–17:00 BST
- Module 1 – 16 April 2024, 14:00–17:00 BST
Live sessions are delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training.
No scheduled dates.
Course fees vary depending on delivery format and location. Select your preferred course date to see the relevant fees.
How to register
Select your preferred course from the list of upcoming start dates and go to the 'Book course' button at the bottom of this page.
More than one person to train?
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place. Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
- 2 places – 10% discount
- 3 places –15% discount
- 4 or more places – 20% discount
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. This could be a cost-effective option if you have several people requiring the training. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements. Request a quotation.
Attendance certificate & CPD hours
An e-certificate will be issued at the end of the course to confirm attendance and CPD hours logged. Please note that you must attend all modules to receive the certificate.
CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.