Online | In-company
This course provides an introduction to hydrogen safety. It is ideal for non process safety engineers, project managers, project engineers, HSE professionals, business development managers, other discipline engineers, students and operations personnel.
You will gain a basic understanding of the unique properties of hydrogen, and how it differs from more common flammable gases such as natural gas. You will also get an increased awareness of the different hazards presented by hydrogen and its carriers.
By the end of the course, you will:
- understand the unique properties of hydrogen, and how it differs from more common flammable gases such as natural gas- gaseous and liquid
- be aware of the different hazards presented by hydrogen and its carriers.
Who will benefit
- Discipline engineers
- Project managers
- Project engineers
- HSE professionals
- Business development managers
- Operations personnel
Previous delegates said
"Excellent delivery, good pace and very knowledgeable about content and additional questions raised during the session."
J Chapman, Novartis Grimsby Limited, UK
- Physical properties of hydrogen
- Hazards presented by hydrogen, ammonia and other energy vectors
- The life-cycle of process safety for hydrogen projects, from concept development to project execution
- Overview of risk mitigation strategies for hydrogen production, storage, transportation, distribution and use
- How to develop an understanding of the hazards and risks associated with the use of hydrogen within the context of a new project design
- Review of process safety incidents involving hydrogen and the learnings that have been derived from past accidents
Online courses consist of one live and interactive module with the trainer.
- 15 February 2024, 09:30–12:30 GMT
- 1 May 2024, 09:30–12:30 AWST/MYT / 11:30–14:30 AEST / 13:30–16:30 NZST
Live sessions are delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training.
No scheduled dates.
Not available then?
Register your interest in alternative dates.
Course fees vary depending on delivery format and/or location. Select your preferred course date to see the relevant fees.
How to register
Select your preferred course from the list of upcoming start dates and go to the 'Book course' button at the bottom of this page.
More than one person to train?
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place. Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
- 2 places – 10% discount
- 3 places –15% discount
- 4 or more places – 20% discount
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. This could be a cost-effective option if you have several people requiring the training. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements. Request a quotation.
Attendance certificate & CPD hours
An e-certificate will be issued at the end of the course to confirm attendance and CPD hours logged. Please note that you must attend all modules to receive the certificate.
CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.