Board of Trustees election
The ballot has now closed for the contested seats on the Board of Trustees. Ballots opened at 14:00 BST on 28 April and closed at 09:30 BST on 19 May 2023.
The results have been announced and successful candidates will be formally declared at the IChemE Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held as a virtual meeting on 13 June 2023.
View the full list of candidates who stood for election.
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of IChemE and therefore members appointed to the Board are responsible for ensuring IChemE complies with its charitable obligations and setting the strategic direction. For more information on the volunteer group structure of IChemE, please view the Volunteer Groups Organisation Chart.
Detailed below are the list of retiring members of the Board of Trustees.
Retiring Board Members
In accordance with By-law 76, not later than eleven weeks before each Annual General Meeting (AGM), the Board of Trustees is required to send a list of the retiring members of the Board to each Voting Member who is entitled to vote.
The office of President and Past President retire annually but are succeeded in accordance with the By-laws by the Deputy President and President, respectively.
The list of retiring Trustees at the 2023 AGM is:
- Mr Nigel Hirst (Deputy President): as Mr Hirst will succeed to the role of President at the AGM, a vacancy for Deputy President therefore exists.
- Mrs Wendy Wilson (Ordinary Member)
The following Trustees shall remain in office for the 2023/2024 term:
- Dr David Edwards (Honorary Treasurer)
- Dr Rob Best (Vice President – Qualifications)
- Mrs Andrea Hosey (Vice President – Member Engagement)
- Ms Alexandra Meldrum (Vice President – Learned Society)
- Mrs Macsene Isles-Ahite (Ordinary Member)
- Mr Mark Sutton (Ordinary Member)
- Professor Raffaella Ocone (Ordinary Member)
- Mr Rhys Tucker (Ordinary/Regional Member)