The Scottish Member Group has been established to serve the IChemE Scottish region, which covers the majority of Scotland excluding the North East of Scotland which is served by the Aberdeen Member Group.
The main objectives of the Scottish Member Group are to:
- promote professional development and networking opportunities for our members, via a range of specially organised events, comprising site visits, lectures, seminars and social events
- assist members who are progressing towards Chartered membership to access additional support such as mentoring schemes, seminars and ‘Get Chartered’ sessions
- promote the IChemE, and the professions of chemical, process and environmental engineering throughout the Scottish region, particularly through schools/university liaison, outreach projects and careers events.
Where to find us:
Participation in the Scottish Member Group offers a number of opportunities – key benefits of membership include:
- the chance to establish and broaden contact bases through social events and networking opportunities
- the opportunity to attend valuable professional development events such as site visits, lectures and seminars
- the opportunity to become involved in promotion of our profession through outreach activities and participation as an active committee member and contributor.
Prospective new members are most welcome and are encouraged to join and/or support the committee. If you are interested in becoming a member of the committee, or alternatively if you would like to offer some ideas/suggestions, please contact one of the committee members.
IChemE's member group support staff: email@example.com
IChemE's special interest group support staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Call for Volunteers – The Access Project
The Access Project are looking for additional volunteer tutors for this academic year. The tutors assist children in a number of schools throughout the UK in disadvantaged areas that are taking GCS...