The Davidson Medal recognises individuals who demonstrate outstanding mentorship to early career chemical engineers, in academia or industry.
The medal is named in the memory of John Davidson, who was an inspirational role model and mentor to many young engineers in his capacity as head of the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Cambridge.
The Davidson Medal is generously sponsored by Professors MM Sharma, A Pandit and K Niranjan.
Nominations will be considered by a panel of experts, who will recommend a winner to IChemE’s Medals and Prizes Committee.
The panel will judge entries against the following criteria:
- duration of mentorship support
- quality and depth of mentorship support.
How to nominate
To make a nomination, download the nomination form and complete the information requested, paying attention to the criteria the medal will be judged against. Please return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Please note the following:
- additional documents submitted outside the information provided in the nomination form will not be considered by the judges (unless specified otherwise)
- we do not accept self-nominations
- we do not accept nominations for sitting members of the Board of Trustees
- unless indicated otherwise, medals/prizes are generally awarded to individuals — a single medal shall be presented in all cases.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Previous medal winners
- 2021 — P Witt
- 2020 — W Herron
- 2019 — G Campbell
- 2018 — B Weightman
- 2016 — S Cardoso
- 2016 — J Chaudhuri