Awarded by the Safety & Loss Prevention Special Interest Group for the most meritorious publication on the topic of safety and loss prevention in an IChemE publication (journals, books, web resources).
Frank Lees was Professor at Loughborough University, with major contributions to safety literature including the two-volume Loss Prevention in the Process Industries.
The Lees Medal is awarded to the author, or authors, of the best article on the topic of safety and loss prevention in an IChemE publication.
Nominations are sought from members of the Safety & Loss Prevention Special Interest Group and the award winner is then recommended by the Special Interest Group Committee to the Medals and Prizes Committee for approval.
How to nominate
Nominations open on 1 September and close on 31 October each year unless specified otherwise.
If you are a member of the Safety & Loss Prevention Special Interest Group you will be asked to submit nominations.
For more information or if you are a non Special Interest Group member and would like to nominate, visit the make a nomination section.
- 2021 — M Rantell
- 2020 — M Lynch
- 2018/19 — K P Miller - view the winning paper
- 2017 — S C O’Hern, M C Stern, D M Anderson, A Ibarreta and T J Myers
- 2015 — F Macleod
- 2012 — A J Wilday, N Paltrinieri, R Farret, J Hebrard and L Breedveld
- 2010 — H T Dearden
- 2009 — H Mahgerefteh, S Brown, M Bilio and M Fairweather
- 2008 — C J Beale
- 2007 — S Connolly and L Cusco
- 2006 — G Atkinson and N Riley
- 2005 — L Fernie and J M Fearnley
- 2004 — BP
- 2003 — B R Harris
- 2002 — T A Roberts, I G Buckland and H Beckett
- 2000 — H Conlin