Being an industry partner of the ISC provides many advantages across a wide range of areas. The category of membership is for consultants, equipment manufacturers and the like.
Learning opportunities and workshops
- Learning and understanding: through analysis of incidents, through working sessions bringing experts together, through technical seminars, workshops and publications and through the steering committee identifying priority areas/sectors where process safety knowledge needs to be developed.
- Knowledge exchange and learning across diverse industry sectors.
Influence and liaison via working groups
- Influence on the process engineering community: on IChemE’s and the industry’s safety mission, on education and training, on safety in design, and on programmes of activity.
- Wider influence: on policy development, on dialogue with regulators, Governments and others, and through articulating common evidence-based positions on safety issue.
- Influence academia both in raising process safety as a research topic and in improving the coverage and treatment of process safety in engineering courses.
- Opportunity to contribute to the accreditation standards for safety related courses and degrees.
- Access to ISC case study learning tools including optional facilitation by arrangement.
Demonstrable corporate citizenship
- Demonstrable corporate citizenship: participation is a tangible sign that the company treats process safety as a major priority, so helping underpin trust and credibility, demonstrate care for employees and communities, and enhance the key asset of corporate reputation with regulators, investors, insurers, business partners and the community.
- Use of the ISC name and logo with the wording 'An ISC Industry Partner'.
- Publicity for their support of this important process safety initiative via the ISC website.