Please note that this event has been postponed.
The Hull & Humber Members Group invites you to join them for a professional development seminar for chemical engineers and other professionals. Come along to find out how to maximise the impact of your profile on one of the world’s largest online professional social networking site.
This seminar will provide an insight into how to use LinkedIn to effectively market yourself. The talk will include:
- review the value of LinkedIn as a job searching tool
- explain how recruiters within agencies and in-house recruitment teams use LinkedIn to recruit and how you can make your profile relevant
- look at an essential guide to writing your LinkedIn profile, reviewing how to raise your visibility, what you should include and what is less relevant
- discuss how effective the site is to connect with future employers and some of its strengths and limitations around professional networking
- discuss the value of a proactive job search and share some top tips on this subject
- address some frequently asked questions about how to use LinkedIn like “Should I put my CV onto the site?" and “How do I use the search tool effectively?”
The attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions, as the aim of the seminar is to be an interactive session.
Sarah Taylor, Resource Manager of OSL Consulting Engineers
- Over 20 years' experience in the recruitment industry.
- Recruiting engineering candidates for contract and permanent roles within the energy and chemical industries.
- Majority of career spent working for a leading technical recruitment agency.
- Actively involved with IChemE in supporting local branch members and engineers. She also provides career guidance for University students throughout the UK.
- Areas of expertise include permanent recruitment, managed campaigns, contractor recruitment and management. She also specialises in talent mapping, career guidance for recent graduates and experienced engineering professionals, and providing retained specialist and senior level bespoke search solutions.
- Currently working in house for OSL Consulting Engineers providing specialist resourcing capability both internally and to external clients.
18:00 — 20:00.
- 18:00 — Arrival and networking
- 18:30 — Presentation
- 19:30 — Q&A
- 20:00 — Close