Please note that this event has been postponed.
Located on the CPL Products site (Immingham Docks), a brief presentation and HTC plant tour will be given by Adam Johnson, a R&D process engineer and long standing IChemE Hull and Humber Committee member. Working for CPL Industries, Adam's primary professional duties revolve around the management, optimisation, maintenance and operation of the HTC pilot plant.
This event is aimed at the general public and engineers interested in the renewable energy sector, specifically the production of bio-coal.
19:00 — Arrival
19:15 — HTC "Plant & Process" presentation
19:35 — Presentation Q&A
19:45 — HTC plant tour
20:15 — Tour Q&A
20:30 — Site departure
Attendees must provide their own PPE:
- safety footwear
- hi-visibility jacket/coat.
Safety hats and glasses are also required but can be provided by CPL on arrival.
If you do not have your own PPE, please contact us via email@example.com as soon as you register to attend and we will try to accommodate you.
- Enter the Immingham Docks at the west gate.
- Turn right at the roundabout just after the gate.
- Continue over an elevated road/flyover until you reach another roundabout.
- Turn right at the roundabout onto Western Access Road.
- Travel approximately 500 metres and turn right into Southern Way.
- CPL parking and reception is directly on your left.
Note: please ensure that you are carrying ID, as the security gate may stop you and ask for identification.