London and South East Coast Young (UK)
The London and South East Coast Young Members Forum serves central London and the South East region.
We would love to hear from you if you are active in our local area and have an interest in some aspect of chemical engineering.
Wondering how to build you professional network in a big new city? Maybe we can point you in the right direction.
Perhaps you have an urge to help with our outreach and D&I activities? We can certainly help you make the right contacts.
No matter your experience, whether you’ve recently joined university, are completing your PhD or are early in your professional career we’d love to hear from you and see if you could get involved in supporting our committee
Please note: Our committee is currently looking for undergrad/postgrad representatives for LSBU & ICL respectively – please reach out using the email address linked below if you are interested in volunteering for either of these positions or would like to find out more all it takes to get started is an e-mail to email@example.com, or you can follow us on our twitter account or on LinkedIn.
IChemE London and South East Young Members Forum is a community of engineers that come from a common education background but have followed different path but brought back together.
A place where young professionals can discuss and share early career experience as well forming informal peer to peer mentoring network. Building the foundations of the bridge from early engagement through to later professional career.
With a high density of universities in London offering IChemE accredited programmes, the London forum is well placed to provide a collaborative opportunity between academics. With a strong committee of around 10 from all backgrounds including industry and academia, we have the purpose to organise and deliver the groups vision. We do this by inspiring the next generation of chemical engineers by supporting and promoting early engagement programmes. As well as for our members we organise industry insight opportunities and careers events. The best part of being a member of the IChemE YMF you get a chance to socialise with like-minded people over a drink in a great London pub.
What we do
- support the next generation of leaders in biochemical/chemical engineering research and corporate environments by encouraging a network of:
- young professionals in the region
- students studying in the region
- students returning to the region
- support the above through activities which encourage networking opportunities, outreach, social activities and technical talks/schemes
- support Young Professionals through their Chartered Member application
- encourage Continuing Professional Development of Young Members
- encourage Young Members to become Chemical Engineering/STEM Ambassadors
- encourage members to support diversity projects developed by the London Diversity & Inclusion Working Group (DIWG).
Poster / Article Competition – Built Environment and Transport
You are asked to create a poster or write on the subject of the ChemEng Evolution theme for the month of August.
2022 Social Summer Event
Overview of the recent social summer event held by the IChemE L&SE Young Members group in conjunction with the IChemE L&SE group