London and South East Coast Young (UK)Join Group
The London and South East Coast Young Members Forum serves central London and the South East region.
IChemE London and South East Young Members Forum is a community of engineers that come from a common education background but have followed different path but brought back together.
A place where young professionals can discuss and share early career experience as well forming informal peer to peer mentoring network. Building the foundations of the bridge from early engagement through to later professional career.
With a high density of universities in London offering IChemE accredited programmes, the London forum is well placed to provide a collaborative opportunity between academics. With a strong committee of around 10 from all backgrounds including industry and academia, we have the purpose to organise and deliver the groups vision. We do this by inspiring the next generation of chemical engineers by supporting and promoting early engagement programmes. As well as for our members we organise industry insight opportunities and careers events. The best part of being a member of the IChemE YMF you get a chance to socialise with like-minded people over a drink in a great London pub.
What we do
- support the next generation of leaders in biochemical/chemical engineering research and corporate environments by encouraging a network of:
- young professionals in the region
- students studying in the region
- students returning to the region
- support the above through activities which encourage networking opportunities, outreach, social activities and technical talks/schemes
- support Young Professionals through their Chartered Member application
- encourage Continuing Professional Development of Young Members
- encourage Young Members to become Chemical Engineering/STEM Ambassadors
- encourage members to support diversity projects developed by the London Diversity & Inclusion Working Group (DIWG).
We would love to hear from you if you are active in our local area and have an interest in some aspect of chemical engineering.
Wondering how to build you professional network in a big new city? Maybe we can point you in the right direction.
Perhaps you have an urge to help with our outreach and D&I activities? We can certainly help you make the right contacts.
Article Competition - How is Chemical Engineering Addressing a Global Issue
Interested in creating a poster to showcase chemical engineering? Consider entering our article competition.
Technical Talk: Using Chemical Engineering in the Paint and Coatings Industry to Drive Sustainability and Processing Improvements
Overview of the recent technical talk on using chemical engineering in the paint and coatings industry to drive sustainability and processing improvements