Mind are a mental health charity. This online course is the ideal introduction for any employee to gain a better understanding of what it is like to experience a mental health problem and how to support their own mental health, and that of colleagues and clients.
Learning aims to:
- examine the preconceptions and fears surrounding mental health
- increase awareness of mental health issues and the impact that poor mental health has on an individual’s day to day life
- increase knowledge and confidence when supporting people with mental health issues.
- What is mental health?
- The mental health continuum
- Myths and stereotypes
- Causes, signs and symptoms of key mental health issues (depression, anxiety, psychosis, schizophrenia)
- How to support someone in mental distress
- Signposting to local and national support agencies
Staff have increased knowledge, confidence and awareness of mental health issues and basic knowledge of how to support those around them.
This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in mental health.
This event will be delivered by Zoom.
Please note that there is a maximum of 60 participants.