The committee is eager to hear from anyone who would like to contribute to IChemE activity in the area in any capacity. For instance:
- committee; there are varied roles that support member group activity, from secretary to schools liaison, ordinary member and someone to organise social networking. All require different levels of attendance and involvement in committee meetings so you can support in a way that suits your personal circumstances
- events; whether you or a colleague can offer a presentation on a subject, organise a venue, put forward an idea for a social event, or you have a suggestion for a talk that would interest the region; events support is needed and valuable all year at any time.
Your local IChemE member group will support your career in many ways:
- technical talks provide members in the area with opportunity to hear the latest thinking on matters in industry and academia from the experts in their field
- networking through committee meetings and the events programme will allow you to meet and build a network of chemical engineering professionals that can help your long-term career progression
- involvement on the committee demonstrates a commitment to your profession and your local IChemE community, which will provide a member applying for IChemE qualification with material for Section D of their competence and commitment report. Long-standing commitment will support an application for IChemE Fellow.
We want to hear from our members. Please contact us through the member communities team.