Biochemical EngineeringJoin Group
IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's subject group support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Biocon''s Malaysian arm gets EU GMP certification for insulins manufacturing facility
Biocon Sdn Bhd, the company''s subsidiary in Malaysia has received the Certificate of GMP compliance from the European Medicines Agency from the representative European inspection authority, Health...
Autolus delays multiple CAR-T clinical programs
A manufacturing delay is stymying progress of a clutch of Autolus’ CAR-T programs. Autolus revealed the setbacks alongside news that it is dumping the first-generation version of AUTO2 in the face ...