Biochemical EngineeringJoin Group
IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Merck to build £1B London R&D hub
Making good on its 2017 promise to back post-Brexit Britain, US Big Pharma Merck is set to spend £1 billion ($1.31 billion) on a new unifying early research hub in England’s capital city.
Australia signs deal with AstraZeneca for possible COVID-19 vaccine
With several countries moving to secure supplies of COVID-19 vaccine that some fear may lead to a global shortage, Australia said it had signed a letter of intent with AstraZeneca to produce and di...