Biochemical EngineeringJoin Group
IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
GSK cutting 720 jobs at massive Belgian vaccine hub
GSK is starting a two-year restructuring program at its Belgian vaccine group that’ll reduce its headcount by up to 720 positions.
Catalent laying out $315M to snatch another gene therapy CDMO
Catalent, which carved out its place in gene therapies with its $1.2 billion deal for Paragon Services, is adding another serving to its plate.