IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Valneva Receives Notice of European Commission’s Intent to Terminate COVID-19 Vaccine Purchase Agreement
Valneva today announced that it has received a notice from the European Commission (“EC”) of intent to terminate the advance purchase agreement (“APA”) for Valneva’s inactivated whole-virus COVID-1...
GV, Sanofi drive British biotech OMass to $100M series B
GV, Northpond Ventures and Sanofi Ventures have joined forces to pump $100 million into OMass Therapeutics, teeing the British biotech up to advance candidates against hard-to-hit targets toward th...