IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
14th March 2023
GSK reports positive phase 3 results for five-in-one meningococcal vaccine candidate
GSK has reported positive top-line results from a phase 3 study of its five-in-one meningococcal vaccine candidate, MenABCWY, in healthy individuals aged ten to 25 years. Five Neisseria meningitid...
14th March 2023
Sandoz to build new biologics production plant in Slovenia to support biosimilars
Sandoz has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to build a new biologics production plant in Lendava, Slovenia. The Sandoz investment is expected to be at least $400 million, supporting the company...