Biochemical EngineeringJoin Group
IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
AstraZeneca wins fresh U.S. funding in race for COVID-19 treatment
AstraZeneca (AZN.L) on Tuesday received $23.7 million in funding from a US government agency to advance the development of antibody-based COVID-19 treatments as the British drugmaker ramps up effor...
AstraZeneca unveils massive $750M deal in effort to produce billions of COVID-19 shots
The British pharma has inked a $750 million deal with the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) and Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance to manufacture and distribute 300 million doses of Ox...