IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Roche's Spark unit blueprints $575M gene therapy manufacturing center
Roche’s Spark Therapeutics unit is pitching $575 million into a new gene therapy manufacturing facility at Drexel University’s Philadelphia campus that will work towards the next generation of gene...
Valneva, Arcturus add to bombardment of booster boasting for COVID-19 shots
A day after Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline said their COVID-19 shot works well as a booster for other shot regimens, Valneva and Arcturus Therapeutics are adding to the chorus. Valneva's phase 1/2 resu...