Biochemical EngineeringJoin Group
IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's subject group support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Danaher to divest 3 life sciences tools businesses in $750M deal
Danaher has agreed to sell three of its life sciences tools businesses to Sartorius Stedim Biotech for approximately $750 million cash, the companies said today—a deal that according to Danaher was...
Takeda opens €130M plant to produce dengue vaccine
Takeda has yet to file for approval of its vaccine candidate to treat dengue, but it now has a €130 million plant and 200 jobs relying on that nod. The Japanese company today said it has opened th...