Particle TechnologyJoin Group
A majority of chemical engineering processes handle, at some stage, solid particles, liquid droplets and gas bubbles, which are all regarded as particles. The understanding of particle properties and behaviour is crucial in maintaining a competitive edge. IChemE's Particle Technology Special Interest Group provides a forum for the exchange of ideas, the sharing of experiences in particle technology research and industrial application and technical and professional development for those working in the field.
- promote the sharing of ideas, experience and best practice amongst particle scientists and engineers
- promote the teaching of particle technology
- encourage and reward excellence in particle technology research and industrial application
- encourage interaction and collaboration between professionals and other stakeholders in the field
- act as a focal point for particle technology within IChemE.
- technical seminars and workshops
- twice-yearly newsletter
- annual Young Researchers' Awards for excellence in particle technology research
- travel bursary scheme to support student attendance at conferences
- collaboration with other IChemE groups and co-sponsorship of seminars and conferences with other institutions and organisations
- representation of professional interests via forums, including the European Federation of Chemical Engineering Working Party on Drying.
IChemE's special interest groups are led by dedicated member volunteers. If you would like to be involved in the launch of this new technical networking community, then please contact Special Interest Groups with details about yourself and how you can help.