Process Management & Control
IChemE's Process Management & Control Special Interest Group was established to promote interest in, and to contribute to, the understanding of process control and related activities. The emphasis is on the design and use of control and process information systems for the operation of process plant, which embraces instrumentation, computer control, dynamics, modelling, simulation, design techniques, safety, information management and decision support.
- promote process control and process information management technologies and practices
- encourage networking and sharing of best practice
- assist process control engineers with their professional development
- act as a focal point for process control and information management within IChemE.
- regular, informal low-cost meetings held at different locations and online
- triennial series of conferences on Advances in Process Control
- support for the teaching of process control at universities
- representation of professional interests
- collaboration with other IChemE groups, institutions and organisations.
Chair: Doug Nicholson
To contact IChemE's special interest group support staff, email Special Interest Groups.