Professional Process Safety Engineer
In order to better protect society, IChemE introduced the Professional Process Safety Engineer registration which provides public recognition to peer-reviewed practitioners working in process safety related roles. The Professional Process Safety Engineer Register is the successor to IChemE's Safety Register.
Professional Process Safety Engineers can demonstrate:
- they can perform professional process safety work to the necessary standards
- the ability to maintain their competence
- they work within professional codes
- active participation within the profession.
How to register
Professional Process Safety Engineer registration is open to existing Chartered Members and Fellows of IChemE with significant process safety experience*.
Candidates should complete the online application form and upload:
- an up-to-date CV
- a completed Competence and Commitment (Process Safety) Report, and
- referee details.
You will also be asked to attend a peer review interview.
*At present we are only able to accept applications from current Chartered Members or Fellows and not from any other membership grades or non-members.
Apply for Professional Process Safety EngineerStart your application
- read our in-depth guidance document
- download the Competence and Commitment (Process Safety) Report template
- view the Professional Process Safety Engineer Standard
- learn about CPD requirements for Professional Process Safety Engineers
- if you have any questions or need further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.