IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Adaptimmune's TCR T-cell therapy clears efficacy bar in rare cancers
Adaptimmune Therapeutics is on track to bring the first engineered T-cell therapy to market in a solid tumor indication. With the response rate above the target threshold at the interim analysis, t...
Valneva shares soar on EU deal for COVID-19 vaccine
French vaccines company Valneva's (VLS.PA) share price jumped more than 20% on Wednesday after it won European Commission approval for a deal under which it would supply up to 60 million doses of i...