IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
ReNeuron lays off 40% of staff after funding failure
Iain Ross has made an immediate mark on ReNeuron, overseeing a restructuring to reduce the British biotech’s head count by 40% within weeks of taking the reins. The cuts extend the stem cell player...
Malaysian biotech, Biogenes banks $5.7m in series A round
Biogenes Technologies Sdn Bhd (Biogenes), a Malaysian biotech startup, has bagged US$5.7 million for its Series A funding from Pembangunan Ekuiti Sdn Bhd (PESB), according to a January 18 press rel...