IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
GSK invests over $270m in vaccine manufacturing ahead of RSV vaccine launch
GSK has announced it is investing over £270m to build a new vaccine manufacturing facility at its Wavre campus in Belgium. The new unit will handle freeze-dried vaccines, including Arexvy for RSV, ...
Sabin Vaccine Institute Leads Global HPV Consortium Launch in Kuala Lumpur
The Global HPV Consortium, a worldwide public and private collaboration focused on accelerating prevention of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and eliminating cervical cancer, launched today in Kuala Lum...