Biochemical EngineeringJoin Group
IChemE’s Biochemical Engineering Special Interest Group provides an international forum for the technical and professional development of biochemical engineering for industrial practitioners, academics and students.
- promote biochemical engineering as a key discipline and encourage interaction between all professionals involved in this diverse field
- assist biochemical engineers in their professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- support national and international initiatives and define best industrial practices
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of biotechnology and the emerging field of regenerative medicine.
- conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits
- quarterly newsletter
- website with member-only areas providing access to extensive resources
- bursaries to support student attendance at conferences
- award of IChemE’s Donald Medal for outstanding services to biochemical engineering
- networking via events and discussion forum
- representation of professional interests.
To contact IChemE's subject group support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Astellas teams with Adaptimmune to create CAR-T, TCR therapies
Astellas has teamed up with Adaptimmune to develop allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) and T-cell receptor (TCR) therapies. The agreement sees Astellas pay $50 million (€45 million)...
Horizon enlists Mammoth in CRISPR move
Horizon Discovery has announced a new collaboration and license agreement with Mammoth Biosciences, in order to access the company’s novel CRISPR platform and facilitate a new generation of genetic...