Introduction to Process Safety
This course will help you develop a broad understanding of the tools and problem-solving techniques used in process safety. It is designed for anyone whose activities impact the process safety performance of their organisation, but who does not have direct process safety management responsibilities. This could include staff engaged in corporate, R&D, commercial, HR and IT activities.
Process safety is the systematic framework for managing the integrity of hazardous processes. Past incidents have highlighted the importance of employees having a clear understanding of the principles of process safety management throughout an organisation.
By the end of the course you will understand:
- what process safety is and the human, environmental and business consequences of poor process safety
- some of the factors that influence the basis for process safety
- the typical hazards associated with process plant and how the risks can be controlled
- your role in promoting process safety
- how process safety management is organised and what are the elements of a modern process safety management system.
Who will benefit
- Anyone whose activities impact the process safety performance of their organisation, but who does not have direct process safety management responsibilities.
- Anyone who would like to develop a broad understanding of process safety
- The importance of process safety
- A model for process safety incidents
- Hazard and risk
- Hazard identification and evaluation
- Toxicity and fires
- Inherent safety
- Technical risk assessment
- Management of change
- Human factors
- Leadership and culture
- Process safety performance
This course is available for in-company delivery, either on-site or online. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements. Request a quotation.