We have a wide range of online training courses available to help you develop your knowledge and learn new skills.
There are two types of training to choose from, offering complete flexibility around when and how you learn.
Live online courses
Many of our most popular training courses have been adapted to modular online courses.
They feature interactive sessions with the trainer, alongside independent virtual study and pre-recorded video sessions before/between sessions:
- Bowtie Analysis and Barrier-Based Risk Management
- Chemical Engineering for Scientists and Other Engineers
- Consequence Modelling Techniques – Asia Pacific times
- Engineering Project Management
- Fundamentals of Process Safety
- HAZOP Leadership and Management
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Strengthening Organisational Performance Strengthening Organisational Performance
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Human Factors in Design
- IChemE Forms of Contract
- Incident Investigation, Human Failure & Cause Tree Analysis
- Inherent Safety in Design and Operation Development
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) – UK times
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) – Asia Pacific times
- Process Risk Assessment
- Process Safety Leadership and Culture - Asia Pacific times
- Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
- Six Pillars of Process Safety
- Troubleshooting Distillation Controls
- What Engineers Need to Know About Contracts
Learn at a time that suits you best with digital recordings of the learning content, usually in manageable one-hour sessions.
See the A–Z list below for details of the process safety, project management and personal development topics available.
An Introduction to HAZOP
On demand course. Develop your understanding of the HAZOP process, its benefits and limitations, the roles and responsibilities of HAZOP participants and when the HAZOP technique should be applied.
An Introduction to LOPA
On demand course. Examine the principles of a LOPA study, how to identify significant scenarios and how to define an independent Protection Layer, how to estimate frequencies, and how to document and audit a LOPA study.
An Introduction to Process Safety and the Safety Case
On demand course. Create a foundation of knowledge in process safety, the Safety Case, MAH and the required safety behaviours for working in an offshore environment.
Biological Wastewater Treatment and Anaerobic Digestion: Theory, Practice and Design
On demand course. Learn to optimise and design biological wastewater treatment and anaerobic digestion processes to maximise efficiency while minimising capital and operating costs.
Bowtie Analysis and Barrier-Based Risk Management
Live course. Understand the bowtie methodology and how to apply the skills to barrier-based risk management.
Chemical Engineering for Scientists and Other Engineers
Live course. Understand the core concepts and key features of chemical engineering.
Confined Space Entry
On demand course. Understand the issues surrounding confined space entry and learn how to avoid the occurrence of such incidents.
Consequence Modelling Techniques
On demand course. Understand the range of consequence modelling techniques available, including their advantages and limitations.
Consequence Modelling Techniques – Asia Pacific times
Live course. Guides you through a range of models available for different loss-of-containment scenarios.
Control of Work
On demand course. Understand the basic principles for safe control and planning of work on your plants, and how this process can prevent accidents.
Creativity for Chemical Engineers
On demand course. Discover the approaches and tools for creative thinking in engineering.
Dust Explosion Risk Reduction
On demand course. This series of four case studies covers the reduction of risks from dust explosion using the DERReK methodology, demonstrating how it can be applied to different potential dust explosion problems in different industries.