We have a wide range of online training courses available to help you develop your knowledge and learn new skills.
There are two types of training to choose from, offering complete flexibility around when and how you learn.
Live online courses
Many of our most popular training courses have been adapted to modular online courses.
They feature interactive sessions with the trainer, alongside independent virtual study and pre-recorded video sessions before/between sessions:
- Bowtie Analysis and Barrier-Based Risk Management
- Bulks Solids Handling for Chemical Engineers
- Chemical Engineering for Scientists and Other Engineers
- Consequence Modelling Techniques
- Engineering Project Management
- Fundamentals of Process Safety – UK times
- Fundamentals of Process Safety – Asia Pacific times
- Fundamentals of Process Safety - Malaysia
- Hazard Identification Techniques
- HAZOP Leadership and Management
- HAZOP Study for Team Leaders and Team Members
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Factors
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Failure
- Hydrogen Workshop
- IChemE Forms of Contract
- Incident Investigation, Human Failure & Cause Tree Analysis
- Inherent Safety in Design and Operation Development
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Leadership of Remote Engineering Teams
- Process Risk Assessment
- Process Safety Leadership and Culture
- Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
- Six Pillars of Process Safety
- Troubleshooting Distillation Controls
- What Engineers Need to Know About Contracts
Learn at a time that suits you best with digital recordings of the learning content, usually in manageable one-hour sessions.
See the A–Z list below for details of the process safety, project management and personal development topics available.
Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
Live course. Learn the methodology and detailed application of LOPA.
Leadership of Remote Engineering Teams
Live course. Learn how to get the best out of your remote engineering team.
Management of Change: The Essentials
On demand course. Discover how to develop, implement or improve Management of Change systems within high hazard industries to avoid common pitfalls.
Managing the Hazards of Flare Systems
On demand course. Develop your understanding of the key design, operation, maintenance and plant modification aspects which must be controlled to ensure safe flare system operation.
Mentoring for Chemical Engineers
On demand course. Learn how to apply mentoring concepts, approaches and tools so that you can develop your skills as a mentor.
Process Risk Assessment
Live course. Develop the skills and knowledge needed to identify, assess and communicate process risks.
Process Safety Leadership and Culture
Live course. Understand the role of leadership in process safety.
Process Safety Management: Thinking in Outcomes
On demand course. Examine how to shift your focus from the components of a PSM to the outcomes these systems deliver.
On demand course. Develop a broad understanding of chemical reaction hazards and how to manage the runaway reactions.
Safe Start-ups and Shutdowns for Process Units
On demand course. Develop procedures to recognise and avoid hazards during start-ups and shutdowns.
Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
Live course. Develop your understanding of Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) and how they are managed.
Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Functional Safety
On demand course. Gain a complete understanding of safety integrity level SIL-rated safety instrumented systems.