We have a wide range of online training courses available to help you develop your knowledge and learn new skills.
There are three types of training to choose from, offering complete flexibility around when and how you learn.
Live online courses
Many of our most popular training courses have been adapted to modular online courses.
They feature interactive sessions with the trainer, alongside independent virtual study and pre-recorded video sessions before/between sessions:
- Bulk Solids Handling for Chemical Engineers
- Bowtie Analysis and Barrier-Based Risk Management
- Chemical Engineering for Scientists and Other Engineers
- Consequence Modelling Techniques
- Engineering Project Management
- Fundamentals of Process Safety
- Hazard Identification Techniques
- HAZOP Leadership and Management
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Managing the Hazards of Flare Systems
- Six Pillars of Process Safety
- What Engineers Need to Know About Contracts
We also offer a more bite-sized approach to training, featuring live one-hour modules with a trainer; a Q&A session, and digital recordings for your personal use afterwards:
Live interactive case studies
These two-hour interactive sessions take you through real life incidents as they unfold, without prior knowledge of the outcome, encouraging you to make crucial safety decisions at designated points throughout, and to reflect on how your decisions impact on the incident:
- Case Study: Lift-Off – Exploring Decision Making
- Case Study: Underground Pipeline – Managing Business Risk
- Case Study: Gas Plant – Simulating Operational Decisions (Asia Pacific times)
- Case Study: Underground Pipeline–Managing Business Risk (Asia Pacific times)
Learn at a time that suits you best with digital recordings of the learning content, usually in manageable one-hour sessions.
See the A–Z list below for details of the process safety, project management and personal development topics available.
Process Safety Management: Thinking in Outcomes
On demand course. Examine how to shift your focus from the components of a PSM to the outcomes these systems deliver.
On demand course. Develop a broad understanding of chemical reaction hazards and how to manage the runaway reactions.
Safe Start-ups and Shutdowns for Process Units
On demand course. Develop procedures to recognise and avoid hazards during start-ups and shutdowns.
Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
On demand course. Develop your understanding of Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) and how they are managed.
Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Functional Safety
On demand course. Gain a complete understanding of safety integrity level SIL-rated safety instrumented systems.
On demand course. Learn how to reproduce physical processes at different length-scales using the powerful tool of dimensional analysis.
Six Pillars of Process Safety
Live course. Explore best practice and latest thinking on the six functional areas of process safety management: knowledge and competence, engineering & design, systems & procedures, assurance, human factors, and culture.
What Engineers Need to Know About Contracts
Live course. Provides a grounding in contract law for engineering and construction contracts, and how it is used to help deliver successful projects and supplier relationships.