North West (UK)
The North West Member Group promotes chemical engineering and IChemE membership activity in the North West through a number of mechanisms:
- focus on and support the needs of IChemE members in the Greater Manchester and surrounding areas, including:
- South Manchester
- we aim to hold regular regional meetings that cater for the interests of members
- we organise site visits to share best practice
- we hold IChemE professional development meetings to help members attain Chartered status
- we have a long history of involvement in IChemE's Hazards Symposium series. First staged in the 1960s, Hazards is now a firm fixture in the international process safety conference calendar, attracting delegates from all over the world
- we work in collaboration with other engineering institutions and bodies to promote engineering in schools and colleges
- we organise a Meet the Chemical Engineer Day every year
- we also collate and represent the regional Members’ views on a range of issues at national level via the IChemE Regional Forum.
The North West Member Group always welcomes help from members offering their expertise and time in promoting IChemE activity in the North West, no matter how little or late.
- enhance your professional standing in the world of work
- share your career roadmap
- give a presentation
- share your experience as an engineer
- liaise with local schools to interest young people in chemical engineering
- organise events - from large scale conferences to local social evenings
- participate on the committee.
IChemE member group activities provide an excellent opportunity to give back to the local engineering community and develop your own skills at the same time. All involvement will help to build an IChemE community in the North West, support members facing challenges and encourage us all to become the world class chemical engineers of the future.
Contact us to find out what we can do for you when you get involved.
The North West Member Group welcomes any feedback from members about the events and services it provides.
- are you looking for a particular type of event?
- do you know somebody who would be suitable to present at an event?
- is there anything more we can do to support your professional development?
- do you have an interesting news article you would like to have published on the branch website?
- have you attended an event? Let us know how it went!
Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact email@example.com