South West (UK)
The South West Member Group has reformed in 2019 to unite and support chemical engineers across the region with networking events, professional development and advice.
Having around 900 members in a region that stretches from Cornwall to Gloucester brings its challenges, but the use of new technology has allowed for more virtual events and the revitalisation of the group.
It goes without saying that we welcome participation at all levels. Being actively involved will offer great opportunities to:
- develop strong connections with engineers in the region
- give something voluntarily back to the profession to help others
- develop professional skills, which may not be available in your immediate role, including coaching and mentoring
- further your qualifications and CPD
- support IChemE to ensure that activities support your individual and organisational needs.
Please contact us for further details or to express your interest.
We are the IChemE member group for the entire South West region. Our objectives and aims are to:
- provide professional networking opportunities for chemical engineers both physical and virtual in nature making it accessible to the whole of the south west region
- support mentoring of engineers working toward Chartered Member or Fellow
- organise informative webinars and physical events that are beneficial for all interested members
- promote chemical engineering in local/regional schools and educational establishments
- foster links with other relevant technical bodies (eg RSoC, IMechE, Nuclear Institute)
Attending our events in-person or online will ensure that you are getting the best value out of your membership, providing opportunity for professional networking with like-minded engineers. If you are new to the industry, we hope that our events help your development, and broaden your outlook. If you are more experienced, then our events can help to keep your skills sharp.
We welcome any feedback from members about the events and services from the South West Member Group, please email us.
The Spark! Contest
The Spark! Contest 9th edition has launched and we are looking for young professionals (18-30) interest in net zero to participate.