Palm Oil Processing
IChemE’s Palm Oil Processing Special Interest Group (POPSIG) provides a forum to enable knowledge transfer, exchange of best practices and sharing experience to all that are interested in the palm oil industry.
- Share and promote best practices
- Encourage innovation in processing oil palm products
- Promote professional aspects of the palm oil industry, from its traditional areas of milling, refining and oleochemicals down to nutraceuticals, biogas and energy, biomass, biofuels and bio-based chemicals
- Act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of oil palm processing
- Technical seminars, workshops, site visits, webinars and physical evening talks to support professional development and networking
- Quarterly newsletter
- Yearly forum, exhibition, international congress and conference
- POPSIG awards and bursaries
- Support for the annual IChemE Malaysia Palm Oil Award
Invitation to speak
We welcome individuals from both academia and industry to deliver talks related to the palm oil industry. If you would like to contribute, please do not hesitate to contact our Event Management committee at email@example.com.
- Participate in our events
- Organise an industrial visit in palm oil industry
- Ask us about POPSIG — see FAQs
Our social media
Harikrishna addressed at the opening of RSPO-Monash Symposium
Dr Harikrishna Kulaveerasingam addressed on Plantation 4.0: Challenges & Opportunities in the Oil Palm Industry at RSPO-Monash Joint Symposium 2023.
POPSIG delegates participated at 7th PINC 2023
POPSIG delegates participated at the PINC conference in Le Méridien Putrajaya.