Being an operating partner of the ISC provides many advantages across a wide range of areas. The category of membership is for operating entities, such as producers or manufacturers.
Learning opportunities and workshops
- Learning and understanding: through analysis of incidents, through working sessions bringing experts together, through technical seminars, workshops and publications and through the steering committee identifying priority areas/sectors where process safety knowledge needs to be developed.
- Knowledge exchange and learning across diverse industry sectors.
Influence and liaison
- Influence on the process engineering community: on IChemE’s and the industry’s safety mission, on education and training, on safety in design, and on programmes of activity.
- Wider influence: on policy development, on dialogue with regulators, Governments and others, and through articulating common evidence-based positions on safety issues.
- Influence academia both in raising process safety as a research topic and in improving the coverage and treatment of process safety in engineering courses.
- Opportunity to contribute to the accreditation standards for safety related courses and degrees.
- Access to IChemE and Hazards archives via the IChemE website.
- Up to 30% discount on purchase of BP Safety Series books and animations.
- Annual online subscriptions to the Loss Prevention Bulletin.
- Discount for hard copy subscriptions is $200 each.
- Access to operating partner only web resources and discounts on process safety-related training, events and publications.
- Access to ISC case study learning tools.
Training and conferences
Access to meetings, publications and conferences including the acclaimed Hazards conference series, now held in both Europe, Australia and Asia at ISC member rate.
- Two face to face or up to five delegate places on a Process Safety Leadership and Culture course to be organised specifically for ISC operating partner companies annually for directors and senior executives.
- Priority assessment for Professional Process Safety Engineer registration for up to 2 employees per year.
Demonstrable corporate citizenship
- Demonstrable corporate citizenship: participation is a tangible sign that the company treats process safety as a major priority, so helping underpin trust and credibility, demonstrate care for employees and communities, and enhance the key asset of corporate reputation with regulators, investors, insurers, business partners and the community.
- Use of the ISC name and logo with the wording 'An ISC Operating Partner'.
- Publicity for their support of this important process safety initiative via the ISC website.