This event will examine whether sufficient scale-up capacity exists in the UK for start-up industrial biotech companies. This will be in the context of the experience of a variety of industrial biotech companies as they have transitioned from laboratory to pilot plant and on to manufacture.
Industrial biotechnology is undergoing a step change in capability with many new start-ups. However, many of the new start-ups have bemoaned the lack of scale-up capability in the UK, despite a number of initiatives such as CPI Wilton, IBioIC, and BioPilots, with a number of them using overseas capacity.
We will be particularly looking at the food, enzyme, fine chemicals, and oral pharmaceuticals portions of the sector (and not the large scale energy sector).
Dates and time
- 21 April 2021, 13:00—16:00 BST.
- 22 April 2021, 13:00—16:00 BST.
- IChemE member rate (including VAT): £80.00
- Non-member rate (including VAT): £90.00
- Student and early career researchers rate (including VAT): £10.00
The presentation will be delivered via Microsoft Teams.