IChemE’s Nuclear Technology Special Interest Group provides a network and forum for the technical and professional development of chemical engineers working in the nuclear industry. Chemical engineers are involved in all aspects of the nuclear power generation process.
The launch of the Nuclear Technology Special Interest Group was marked by a seminar on ‘Chemical engineers and the nuclear life cycle’, held on 24 February 2009 in Preston, UK.
- Encourage interaction between chemical engineers, scientists and other professionals in the nuclear industry
- Support the professional development of chemical engineers in the nuclear industry
- Promote chemical engineering as a key discipline in the nuclear industry
- Respond to governmental (and other) consultation documents relating to the nuclear industry
- Raise public awareness of the role of chemical engineers in the nuclear industry
- Collaborate with other stakeholders interested in nuclear and chemical engineering
- Forge links between industry and academia.
- Seminars and workshops on chemical engineering aspects of the nuclear industry, sharing knowledge and experience
- Site visits to operating facilities
- Regular e-newsletter featuring event previews and reports, news and articles of interest to members
- Professional networking, via events and website
- Preparation of responses to consultations
- Stakeholder and public awareness activities.
To contact IChemE's Special Interest Group support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
9th April 2020
Nuclear Technology SIG relaunch - call for volunteers
Following on from the membership survey last year, work has been going on behind the scenes to capture and build on the strong ongoing interest within IChemE in having a Nuclear Technology Special ...