Palm Oil Processing
IChemE’s Palm Oil Processing Special Interest Group (POPSIG) provides a forum to enable knowledge transfer, exchange of best practices and sharing experience to all that are interested in the palm oil industry.
- Share and promote best practices
- Encourage innovation in processing oil palm products
- Promote professional aspects of the palm oil industry, from its traditional areas of milling, refining and oleochemicals down to nutraceuticals, biogas and energy, biomass, biofuels and bio-based chemicals
- Act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of oil palm processing
- Technical seminars, workshops, site visits, webinars and physical evening talks to support professional development and networking
- Quarterly newsletter
- Yearly forum
- Support for the annual IChemE Malaysia Palm Oil Award
Invitation to speak
We welcome individuals from both academia and industry to deliver talks related to the palm oil industry. If you would like to contribute, please do not hesitate to contact our Event Management committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mr Prasath Ramani, Event Director
- Mr Thillai Kali, Event Coordinator
- Dr Wendy Ng, Event Director - East Malaysia
- Dr Tan Yie Hua, Event Coordinator - East Malaysia
IChemE Palm Oil Processing SIG is organised by a dedicated team. For any enquiries regarding this technical networking community, please contact Dr Viknesh Andiappan (Deputy Chair of POPSIG) and Dr How Bing Shen (Secretary) at email@example.com.
- Participate in our events
- Organise an industrial visit in palm oil industry
- Ask us about POPSIG — see FAQs
Our social media
POPSIG Student Research Project Bursary 2021
Four candidates received the first annual POPSIG Student Research Project Bursary in 2021.
Public comments reviewed for the MSPO standards revision
MSPO Certification Scheme is a set of national standards that addresses sustainability and traceability requirements of the oil palm industry in Malaysia.