Palm Oil Processing
IChemE’s Palm Oil Processing Special Interest Group (POPSIG) provides a forum to enable knowledge transfer, exchange of best practices and sharing experience to all that are interested in the palm oil industry.
- Share and promote best practices
- Encourage innovation in processing oil palm products
- Promote professional aspects of the palm oil industry, from its traditional areas of milling, refining and oleochemicals down to nutraceuticals, biogas and energy, biomass, biofuels and bio-based chemicals
- Act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of oil palm processing
- Technical seminars, workshops, site visits, webinars and physical evening talks to support professional development and networking
- Quarterly newsletter
- Yearly forum
- POPSIG awards and bursaries
- Support for the annual IChemE Malaysia Palm Oil Award
Invitation to speak
We welcome individuals from both academia and industry to deliver talks related to the palm oil industry. If you would like to contribute, please do not hesitate to contact our Event Management committee at email@example.com.
- Ir Dr Wendy Ng Pei Qin, Event Director
- Prasath Ramani, Event Director
- Dr Tan Yie Hua, Event Coordinator
- Thillai Kali, Event Coordinator
IChemE Palm Oil Processing SIG is organised by a dedicated team. For any enquiries regarding this technical networking community, please contact Ir Dr Viknesh Andiappan (Deputy Chair of POPSIG) and Dr How Bing Shen (Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in our events
- Organise an industrial visit in palm oil industry
- Ask us about POPSIG — see FAQs
Our social media
IChemE Student Chapter Festival 2022 Connected Students
The 2022 festival hosted by IChemE-UM SC and collaborated with UNM IChemE SC.
IChemE-UM SC successfully organised NCEEC 2022
In partnership with POPSIG, National Chemical Engineering Exposure Camp was organised to give exposure to pre-university students about chemical engineering professions.