Palm Oil ProcessingJoin Group
IChemE’s Palm Oil Processing Special Interest Group (POPSIG) provides a forum to enable knowledge transfer, exchange of best practices and sharing experience to all that are interested in the palm oil industry.
- share and promote best practices
- encourage innovation in processing oil palm products
- promote professional aspects of the palm oil industry, from its traditional areas of milling, refining and oleochemicals down to nutraceuticals, biogas and energy, biomass, biofuels and bio-based chemicals
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of oil palm processing.
- technical seminars, workshops, site visits, webinars and physical evening talks to support professional development and networking
- quarterly newsletter
- yearly forum
- support for the annual IChemE Malaysia Palm Oil Award
Invitation to speak
We welcome individuals from both academia and industry to deliver talks related to the palm oil industry. If you would like to contribute, please do not hesitate to contact our committee: Ms Liew Sin Lu (Event Coordinator Lead), Mr Chia Ing Chuk (Event Coordinator) and Ir Hong Wai Onn (Chair).
IChemE Palm Oil Processing SIG is organised by a dedicated team. For any enquiries regarding this technical networking community, please do not hesitate to contact Associate Professor Dr Wu Ta Yeong, MIChemE (Secretary).
- participate in our events
- organise an industrial visit in palm oil industry
- ask us about POPSIG — see FAQs.
Our social media
Sumwin Solutions triumphs in the palm oil category at IChemE Malaysia Awards 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic IChemE Malaysia Awards 2020 went virtual for the first time in its history from 18:00 to 18:30 on Monday 19 October 2020.
First MOSTA-IChemE POPSIG collaboration exceeds expectations
Tan Sri Emeritus Prof Datuk Dr Augustine S.H. Ong, Ir Qua Kiat Seng, Ir Shyam Lakshmanan and Ir Mervin Chew Chien Lye were among the presenters.