Palm Oil Processing SIGJoin Group
IChemE’s Palm Oil Processing Special Interest Group (POPSIG) provides a forum to enable knowledge transfer, exchange of best practices and sharing experience to all that are interested in the palm oil industry.
- share and promote best practices
- encourage innovation in processing oil palm products
- promote professional aspects of the palm oil industry, from its traditional areas of milling, refining and oleochemicals down to nutraceuticals, biogas & energy, biomass, biofuels and bio-based chemicals
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of oil palm processing.
- technical seminars, workshops, site visits, webinars and physical evening talks to support professional development and networking
- quarterly newsletter
- yearly forum
- support for the annual IChemE Malaysia Palm Oil Award, recognising the best project implemented and demonstrates innovation, successful delivery and a technical, commercial, safety and/or environmental benefit. The project may relate to new industrial plant or to the enhancement of existing palm oil mills, refining and other related industries.
IChemE Palm Oil Processing SIG is organised by a dedicated team. For any enquiries regarding this technical networking community, please do not hesitate to contact Assoc. Professor Dr. Wu Ta Yeong, MIChemE (Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- participate in our events
- organise a talk about palm oil industry
- organise an industrial visit in palm oil industry
- ask us about POPSIG — see FAQs.