CEO DAY@UTP 2021 hosted by the Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) and in collaboration with Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP) provides a platform for students to engage in a knowledge and experience sharing session with industry leaders on career opportunities and entering the working world. This event also aims to cultivate a greater sense of pride for palm oil and its contributions to the economy and sustainability agenda. Highlights of the 2-day event include CEO Forum, virtual oil palm plantation tour, virtual career fair, quizzes and many more.
Highlights: Building a sustainable future together
- Interact and engage with Malaysian industry CEOs
- Masterclass on resume writing and attending job interviews
- Career and internship opportunities
- Virtual oil palm plantation tour
Competition: Palm Oil TikTok Challenge
- increase the knowledge related to palm oil industry in Malaysia among the students through informative and creative video presentation and enhance their creativity in carrying out literature review
- spread awareness on the benefits and positive stories on Malaysian palm oil provides opportunities to cultivate academic, presentation and research communication skills
All the requirements listed below must be followed:
- select one of the listed research papers for the video content
- duration between one (1) to three (3) minutes
- TikTok account available for public viewing
- include the hashtag #palmoilchallenge and #CEODAY@UTP2021 in the TikTok post
- include the following details at the end of video:
- Main Event: CEO Day @ UTP
- Date: 23–24 October 2021
- Come join us at CEO Day@UTP, 23–24 Oct 2021!
- use appropriate music or audio and language in the video or the video will automatically be disqualified.
TikTok only. Candidate's account must be available for public viewing.
Registration and video submission
- Only eligible for university students in Malaysia
- The entries can be in (i) Individual or (ii) Group (2-3 members) per submission
- Submission must be made via the registration form and submission form
- Submission is available until 14 October 2021
The selected videos will clearly demonstrate the ability to communicate key messages of the chosen papers to a non-academic or layman audience.
- 1st - RM1200
- 2nd - RM1000
- 3rd - RM800
- Five Consolation Prizes - RM200
For event updates visit IChemE POPSIG Facebook event webpage. Visit IChemE POPSIG Linktree profile to stay connected with us. More about MPOC’s events at www.mpoc.org.my.
Disclaimer: IChemE will not be storing or controlling any data linked to this event.